Monday, January 17, 2022

Her Darling Mr. Day




I absolutely loved this book! Flora Wingfield had been in love with Mr. Theodore Day for a very long time. Manipulating her entire family to go to Louisiana in hopes of regularly seeing Teddy made me realize how desperately in love she was with him. Too bad he didn't see her than more than just a good friend.


Flora's grit and determination to become her own person and get what she wanted made me root for her on every page. I thought she was going to give up, but I loved watching her bravery and some recklessness come through when it was most needed. She doesn't back down and goes for things she sees are truly important.


There was so much in this book to love! Sage advice, excitement, romance, humor, adorable characters, river pirates, and a hungry alligator that make this a 5/5 star rating. If you like romance, comedy, adventure, and a great Christian story, read this fantastic book. It is the second book in the American Royalty book series and I would suggest you read My Dear Ms. Dupré additionally so you can fully understand this story.


One of my favorite quotes was:

"You have always been a sweet light in my life, a star that if I should ever get lost in this world, all I had to do was look up and find you."


I received a copy of this book. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.


Note: The alligator that is in the picture was such a funny scene that I had to include it! The riverboat (necklace) plays an important role in the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Walking on Hidden Wings

About the Book:  Geneva Ashcroft Hayes's marriage to a newspaper mogul might have been arranged, but the New York socialite is devastate...