Friday, September 3, 2021

The Preacher's Unexpected Bride


 

Hannah Fairchild must live with the consequences of her amoral and unscrupulous uncle's vicious attack on her as she awaits the birth of her child. Life would be so much less complicated if Preacher Luke Johnson had decided to find land elsewhere. Instead, Luke purchases land adjacent to her sister’s homestead where she is staying. The attraction and need to protect Hannah that Luke has almost from the beginning is touching, but how does he let her know he cares for her?


I loved the matchmaking neighbor who can see that Hannah needs Luke just as much as he needs her. Luke’s faith, patience, and his belief in Hannah helps her to see that she is worthy of love and happiness. 


I enjoyed reading this book, and while it is the second book in the series, it can be read as a standalone. I did not read the first book and while certain events were referred to, I was able to easily follow the story. I recommend this book if you like Westerns, prairie life, or pioneering. 


Thank you to the author and publisher for a copy of the book. I was not required to write a positive review. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Vanished

About the Book:  Janae Simmons left the small town of Kedgewick, Virginia, ten years ago to pursue her legal career and never looked back—un...