Tuesday, September 7, 2021

The Matchmaker's Lonely Heart



Being chased by Detective Michael Baker and coerced into helping him with part of his undercover operation was likely not what Amelie Hampton had in mind when she went to see how a client’s date turned out. Matchmaker/ writer for The Marriage Gazette, Amelie can’t help getting personally involved because she loves to see women get their happily ever after. 

The beginning of the book  immediately drew me in and had me engaged the entire time. There were so many things to like about this story: the mystery of the murder and the smugness of the killer; capturing a murderer and seeing justice prevail; the humorous banter between Amelie and Michael, and the suspenseful plot twists. 

I enjoyed reading about this Victorian period  mystery and the descriptive details made me feel like I was right there. The cover was unique and was initially why I went on to read the description. I am so glad I read this well-written and entertaining mystery. I highly recommend this book and hope there are more books to come. 

Thank you to NetGalley for an advanced digital copy of this book. I was not required to write a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Night Falls on Predicament Avenue

About the Book:  In 1901, Effie James is living a dream for two. Her younger sister is harboring a secret that has left timid Effie determin...