Sunday, February 14, 2021

Suitors for the Proper Miss


 The dilemma that Lucy Standish faces of doing the “proper thing” by marrying a nobleman conflicts with that of her heart and creates an interesting and charming story. Lucy's fear of the past makes her set a personal standard that she felt she needed to do to rescue her family. Trying to reconcile her sense of duty to marry wealth instead of love added to the tension and conflict that troubled Lucy. At times I thought she was going to marry the dull duke (boo!). I kept wishing that she would listen to her heart and Conor O’Sullivan, the stable hand, who was trying so valiantly to win her hand (yay). Conor gets extra suitor points for being patient and wanting the best for Lucy.

I have read other books in the Lords for the Sisters of Sussex series and was delighted to continue further. I felt that I was part of the circle of  Lucy’s friends as I got to know her and her delightful family better. Lucy’s sweet and generous nature makes you realize why her sisters care deeply for her. You can read this as a stand alone, but I would highly recommend that you read the other books as well tolerant more about this wonderful family.

My thanks to the author for a complimentary copy of this ARC. I was not required to write a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Walking on Hidden Wings

About the Book:  Geneva Ashcroft Hayes's marriage to a newspaper mogul might have been arranged, but the New York socialite is devastate...