Oakleigh Wright's estranged foster sister reappears late one night desperate to hand off her children. Oakleigh agrees to bring them to their aunt out of state, but her travels are intercepted by a ruthless gang. She turns to her ex, Joseph, for help. Will they rekindle their love as they uncover what the gange seeks?
"Do You Hear What I Hear?" by Jayna Breigh
Trial lawyer Elise Sinclair resigns herself to a lonely Christmas reviewing legal documents—until her renegade fiancĂ©, Jack, reappears. He is jobless, broken, and seeking forgiveness. Can two battered hearts overcome secrets and restore their love?
"Do You Know What I Know?" by Kimberley Woodhouse
When Faith Thibodeaux returns to her Cajun-style food truck in Alaska after an accident, the last thing she expects is to find out that her ex-boyfriend is the executive chef of a new restaurant. When they return to their hometown over the holidays to fundraise, will the "friendly" competition restore their love or rip them apart forever?
REVIEW:
All three of these novellas have a common them besides the Christmas song, and that is second chances. I enjoyed reading this collection that is different from other holiday themed books.
Do You See What I See? Sarah Hamaker
Oakleigh and Joseph reconnect after years of heartache and being apart. The drama is high as they try to figure out what Oakleigh’s friend involved them in. I love the children that are part of the story.
Do You Hear What I Hear? Jayna Breigh
Elise has to cancel her plans to travel over Christmas in order to prepare her law firm’s case against a pharmaceutical company. I loved Nana’s wisdom and a bit of rekindling the love that Elise and Jack once had. I liked the twist that was in the story, but I felt it ended abruptly.
Do You know What I Know? Kimberley Woodhouse
This was my favorite of the novellas with a high stakes cooking competition and the opportunity for Faith and Gabe to let things go and move onto a better future. The transformation that Gabe experienced had me rooting for him the whole time. There is a tense scene that will keep you quickly turning pages to make sure everything will be okay.
I received a copy from Kregel, NetGalley, and Let’s Launch. I was not required to write a positive review, and all opinions are my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment