Tuesday, July 30, 2024

The Kitchen Contract

 


About the Book: 

What do I have to lose by letting Nora use my kitchen? Apparently, my heart.

It’s been three years since my last relationship blew up like an atomic bomb. I haven’t dated since and would be totally happy to stay single forever – if the extrovert in me wasn’t so darn lonely.

When my sister-in-law introduces me to Nora and not-so-subtly suggests that I should let her use my kitchen for her online cooking show, I quickly decide it’s a win-win. Nora will have a nice place to film and I’ll get home-cooked meals and some company out of the deal.

What I’m not counting on is that the more time we spend together while she teaches me to cook on camera, the more drawn I am to this beautiful, funny, overthinking woman. She’s kind and supportive, can cook the heck out of anything, and brings out the best in me. It seems like she’s into me too, but can I trust her? Is she actually keeping secrets from me or is the trauma of my past messing with my perception?

As the show and our relationship continue to grow, I know I need to decide if exploring a future with Nora is worth the risk.

My Review: 

Nora’s culinary career has not gone the way that she had hoped or planned. She is working in a restaurant that doesn’t provide a creative outlet for her, but her friends have an idea. She can teach someone to cook and use all of the recipes she loves to make. Enter Alex, a fun-loving, fire- then- aim kind of guy. He’ll be the willing tutoree and provide the kitchen too.

Fun quote: “He seems of sound mind and good humor.”

Things to love:
Opposites attract
dual POV
an “intruder”
code words
YouTube cooking show
kitchen fairy
ketchup fiasco
fresh start
nicknames
grand gesture
recipes at the end of the book

This is part of the Boyfriend in the Bargain series but can be read as a standalone. It has kisses only, so readers from teens through adults will enjoy this fun story.

I voluntarily reviewed this complimentary copy of the book. All views are my opinion and given voluntarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Thieving at Carlton House

  The official start of fall is this week and what a great way to kick off this new season with a brand new series by Erica Vetsch! Welcom...