Wednesday, February 14, 2024

The Cowboy's Secret Past

 

About the Book: 

He's not the same man he was, but maybe now he's ready to be a father. Since leaving his wild rodeo days behind, rancher Trevor Morgan has sobered up and built a faith-filled life. So he's shocked when the woman caring for his grandfather intrudes on that solitude. Nurse Hope Burke has hidden motives for coming to the Lazy M Ranch--she believes Trevor is the father of her orphaned nephew. Can a loving aunt and a wary cowboy change a little boy's life forever? 


My Review:

I love the Morgans and their family ranch, the Lazy M. When Hope Burke arrives at the homestead to help nurse Gramps (Gus) back to full recovery after surgery. While she is hoping to find answers foe her nephew, Cole,  I don’t think she expected her life to be totally turned upside down. 


I don’t live on or near a ranch, but I think I would love to after reading this book. I love the way the family, staff, and the townspeople are supportive of one another Hope just naturally is able to let down her guard after so many years of doing things on her own. Trevor was very good for her when he says, “I want you to do what your heart tells you to do, not what fear is whispering.” I love the faith that Trevor displays throughout the book. Hope is just what Trevor needs in helping him overcome his grief and see the possibilities that life has to offer.


One of my favorite characters in this series is Gramps. He has years of experience and offers wise counsel. “My advice is to stay open to detours. We get so fixed on the map, that we miss what’s right in front of us.”


I highly recommend reading this book and the other two in the Lazy M Ranch series. I was given a complimentary copy of the book. A positive review was not required. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loyally, Luke

About the Book: Sometimes love means embracing the good, the bad . . . and even the impossible. Dear Reader, My name is Luke Edgewood, and t...