Wednesday, November 23, 2022

The Cairo Curse


About the Book:

Clue meets Indiana Jones with a fiction-loving twist only Grace Percy can provide.



Newlyweds Lord and Lady Astley have already experienced their fair-share of suspense, but when a honeymoon trip takes a detour to the mystical land of Egypt, not even Grace with her fiction-loving mind is prepared for the dangers in store. From an assortment of untrustworthy adventure-seekers to a newly discovered tomb with a murderous secret, Frederick and Grace must lean on each other to navigate their dangerous surroundings. As the suspects mount in an antiquities’ heist of ancient proportions, will Frederick and Grace’s attempts to solve the mystery lead to another death among the sands?


My Review: 

 “Gunfire erupted from outside, sending Frederick Percy, Earl of Astley, leaping from his chair.” With this opening line, I was immediately drawn into the book. I had to see what was going on and if my suspicion was correct in thinking that Grace (Freddie’s wife) was somehow involved. 

Freddy and Grace are the perfect dynamic detective duo. Freddie is the “proceed with caution” type while Grace is, “let’s investigate, no matter the danger” type. Finding themselves embroiled in a case of murder, archaeological mishaps, and tomb robbing, I enjoyed seeing what was going to happen next and if I could figure out who was behind the nefarious activities. 


Grace is my favorite! She seems to thrive on curiosity and imagination that leads her into some predicaments from which Freddie must rescue her. With her bold and risk-taking nature, clues are discovered that might not have been otherwise. I was sorry to see the Egyptian adventure end and am eagerly anticipating the next case that Freddie and Grace will need to solve. 


This is the second book in the Frederick & Grace Mystery series. This can be read as a standalone, but I’d recommend reading The Mistletoe Countess to see the beginning of this wonderful series. I highly recommend this if you like sleuthing couples such as Agatha Christie’s Tommy and Tuppence or Dorothy Sayer’s Lord Peter Wimsey and Harriet Vane.


I received an ecopy of the book from the publisher through NetGalley. All opinions are my own and I was not required to give a positive review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sleuth of Blackfriar's Lane

About the Book Book:  The Sleuth of Blackfriars Lane Author:  Michelle Griep Genre:  Historical Christian Fiction Release Date:  April, 2024...