Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Autumn by the Sea

 



I loved this book! It brought me joy and hope as I read about Sydney’s journey. She was looking for a family of her own, people she could love and who would love her in return. How delightful it was for her, and me as a reader, to see this wish come true.

There were humorous scenarios sprinkled throughout that were perfect to provide just the right amount of lightheartedness. Ms Tagg had two hilarious scenes that made me laughing and saying out loud, “Oh my! Poor man! ”. 


I truly hope this is made into a movie because it is just.that.good! It has a plethora of wonderful elements to it: a well written plot; faith in action; a selfless and giving mother/ grandmother; a charming Scottish hero; beautiful scenery, and love. 


I am looking forward to the next book in the Muir Harbor series. If you enjoy reading books like Jan Karon’s Mitford series, you will be pleased to have found a new series to add to your reading collection. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for a digital review copy of this book. I was not required to write a positive review. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Healing Garden

  About the Book:  Eighty-three year old Sam Davis has always wondered what happened to his high-school sweetheart. But instead of finding t...