Sunday, June 27, 2021

His Holiday Prayer



Sometimes it takes a decision to shake you from your comfortableness, to set your priorities straight, and cause you to examine your feelings. Tucker Rainbolt and Jena Harper are best friends who run a veterinary clinic in the town of Rebel, Oklahoma. When Tucker decides to move away they each realize that things they took for granted will never be the same. 

Tucker’s restlessness caused him to want to make a change and decide to move away from his close knit family who sometimes is too much in his business. His hasty decision of taking a job in Texas without consulting Jena or his family began to come to light as Tucker realized how deeply this would affect all of his relationships. I admired him because it takes a wise and humble man to admit when he is wrong, to accept help, and to change. He also showed great strength and helping Jena accept God’s love and forgiveness when she needed him most. 

Watching Jena ’s transformation from being a shy and extreme introvert was so encouraging to see as she tackled her fears. Her passion and determination to find a solution and not give up had me rooting for her as she took on the daunting task of raising money for the animal rescue shelter. Being vulnerable and sharing things as Jena did previously were not easy for her. I was so happy to see that she trusted God and Tucker’s thoughtful advice to see her through. “Every time I feel overwhelmed by life, the Lord pins back my ears and says the same thing and I don’t mean in an audible voice. I mean in my gut. “Either you trust me or you don’t, Tucker. Either you are with me or you walk away.”’

This beautiful love story of Jena and Tucker is a stand alone book, but you really don’t want to miss out on the others about the loving Rainbolt family and the town of Rebel. I recommend this book if you like any of these elements: a faith-filled message, romance, fun characters, or a small town setting.

Thank you to the author for a copy of the book. I was not expected to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Walking on Hidden Wings

About the Book:  Geneva Ashcroft Hayes's marriage to a newspaper mogul might have been arranged, but the New York socialite is devastate...