Tuesday, December 8, 2020

How May I Offend You Today?




With a catchy title like this, I thought Susannah would be  a woman with a sense of humor and I wasn’t disappointed. With her funny stories and insights she combines wisdom and “love your neighbor as yourself” pieces of advice. I found her book to be light hearted , transparent, encouraging, and convicting. I love that she isn’t afraid to call attention to things in our lives that need correcting, no matter whether that offends us or not.  


Susannah finishes each of the chapters of the book with “Things That Work My Nerves”. Just to let you know, Susannah put random numbers on her pet peeves and there are not that many chapters.. :)  Here are two of them: #59 “Why do I only notice the green growth on the bread after I’ve eaten half the sandwich?” and  #37 Men with “I love my wife” bumper stickers on their vehicles. “This causes arguments between wives and their husbands who don’t have ‘I love my wife bumper stickers.’ “  


Thank you for Net Galley  for a free copy of the book. I was not required to give a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sleuth of Blackfriar's Lane

About the Book Book:  The Sleuth of Blackfriars Lane Author:  Michelle Griep Genre:  Historical Christian Fiction Release Date:  April, 2024...