Saturday, November 21, 2020

Murder at the Village Fete




This was my introduction to the Tommy and Evelyn Christie mysteries and I was immediately drawn in by the funny opening of Evelyn's puppy running off with their guest's fur stole. Having a humorous scene for a cozy mystery was an interesting and unique idea. I loved it!


I appreciated the the cast of characters and a brief description of each of them at the beginning of the book. I found it helpful in establishing their relationships to each other and their role in the story. I referred to this a couple of times while I was reading.

Catherine Coles keep you guessing the murderer with several possible suspects. I was able to figure it out and that gave me a great deal of satisfaction. :) While it is the second book in the series, you could read it as a stand alone. But, I found myself wanting to read the first novel to see what mystery Tommy and Evelyn solved and anticipating the next mystery. I hope there will be many more books to follow.


I received an advance review copy from Book Sirens, and I am reviewing this voluntarily.


Description:

Downton Abbey crossed with Murder, She Wrote...set in a Yorkshire village!

Evelyn Christie, the new Lady Northmoor, is looking forward to hosting the local village fete in the grounds of Hessleham Hall.

However, the last thing she expects to see on the morning of the fete is the local Member of Parliament face down in the stream at the edge of the lawn! Evelyn and her husband, Tommy, are again called into action to find the dastardly murderer before he strikes again!

If you enjoy the glamour of bygone eras like 1920s Downton Abbey and gentle, cozy mysteries set in the English countryside then you will love this new series. 


More about Catherine Coles



Catherine Coles has written stories since the day she could form sentences, she can barely believe that making things up in her head classes as work!!

Catherine lives in the north east of England where she shares her home with her children and two spoiled dogs who have no idea they are not human!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sleuth of Blackfriar's Lane

About the Book Book:  The Sleuth of Blackfriars Lane Author:  Michelle Griep Genre:  Historical Christian Fiction Release Date:  April, 2024...