Thursday, November 19, 2020

An Accidental Spy




I listened to the audiobook that is the first in the trilogy of The Accidental Spy. Annabelle Ross is just the kind of young lady who finds the backbone to stand up to her wretched, abusive step-grandfather and his schemes to have Rosswood Plantation for his own. I am glad Annabelle took matters into her own hands, even if they led her down an unexpected path. This path is the cliffhanger for the second book, A Dangerous Performance. 

Peggy Annabelle's maid, was a sassy, insightful lady who made me laugh. Her mannerisms and speech were just what was needed to provide humor in the story and guidance for Annabelle. While she is limited in her role as a maid in the 1860's, she doesn't take much from anyone and doesn't back down. I look forward to seeing what she is going to do to help Annabelle.

I found the time just flew by as I was caught up listening to the events and misfortunes of Annabelle Ross. I am sure book two and three will be just as exciting!

Thank you to the author for an audiobook version. I was not required to write a review. All thoughts and opinions of this review are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Better Man

About the Book: A woman bound by duty and debt.  A man who doubts his worth. After tragedy broke her family, Laramee fled her family’s once ...